Innovative Dental Technology in Denver, CO
At Colorado Advanced Dentistry in Denver, CO, we utilize the latest in dental technology to help improve the oral health of our patients. Dr. Whatcott considers laser therapy to be one of the most significant advancements in the history of dental care. Compared to traditional surgery, lasers have been found to cause less pain and bleeding for patients. Laser treatments also promote faster healing. The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP) is a modern alternative to painful scalpel surgery for gum disease. LANAP is the only laser gum treatment that has received FDA clearance.
The Wand is another tool used to enhance patient comfort. It is a computerized anesthetic injection system that eliminates the need for needles. Oral sedation through prescription medication is another option, depending on the patient’s preferences. And NuCalm is still another sedation option that creates deep relaxation without the use of narcotics. Since there are no side effects, the recuperation is immediate. This means the patient will be able to drive home unassisted immediately after treatment.
Improved Oral Health With Dental Technology
Through the use of innovative dental technology, Dr Whatcott and her team of dental professionals can improve the health of your gums and teeth. Laser technology offers a wide range of benefits over more traditional dental procedures. Patients who choose laser treatments often experience little or no pain during their procedure, a faster recovery time, and less anxiety about visiting the dentist. At Colorado Advanced Dentistry, we provide complete dental services using laser dentistry, including:
- Gingivitis Treatment – Gingivitis is a disease that attacks the supportive tissue around the base of your teeth. With laser technology, Dr. Whatcott can target the infected tissue and remove it. Laser treatment reduces the risk of bleeding and bacterial infection while helping to improve recovery time.
- Gum Reshaping – If a patient requires gum reshaping due to excessive gum tissue, the laser treatment option may be right. Our laser technology will contour your gums to provide you with the smile you want. With laser treatment, you can expect an improved recovery time and less pain.
- Tooth Removal – Laser treatment softens the tissue around the tooth so it can be more easily removed. By creating a more accessible environment for tooth removal, we can reduce recovery time.
- Millennium PerioLase® Lasers – Millennium Dental Technologies’ PerioLase® MVP-7™ Nd:YAG laser is the only FDA-approved laser to treat periodontitis. Tapping into the body’s natural healing process, this innovative, minimally invasive laser treatment is safe and effective for patients of all ages, even those with systemic conditions and diseases.
- LANAP Laser Treatment – LANAP laser treatment is revolutionizing the way dentists help patients suffering from periodontal disease. With LANAP laser treatment, we target the diseased area without injuring or removing your healthy gum line. This ensures that you’ll receive a more thorough treatment and faster recovery without the use of scalpels and sutures.
- Biopsies – Our laser treatments allow us to take a biopsy of suspicious tissue in your mouth. Patients who have had a biopsy with laser treatment report less discomfort.
Dr Whatcott also uses digital X-rays, which patients can view on a computer screen during the procedure. Her entire dental office is equipped with large, high-resolution monitors to ensure that every detail of a patient’s oral structure is available for the dentist and patient to see. These X-rays use much less radiation and can quickly be sent to other specialists for collaborative support. Through intra-oral cameras, patients will see exactly what Dr Whatcott sees. You, the patient, will be able to view magnified images of decay, cracks, or leaks.
Digital photos are also employed to document before and after treatments. These photos map a patient’s improvement and ensure that his or her goals are met. Additionally, a digital chart of your dentistry, including records of your treatments from outside specialists, is maintained on-site. Digital period charting is another procedure undertaken to ensure that your gums are staying healthy. Your gums are measured and entered into sophisticated computer software at each visit, which sounds an alert if there is a significant change.
Innovative Dental Clinic
At Colorado Advanced Dentistry, we specialize in using the latest dental technology to provide our patients with effective treatments with less pain and a shorter recovery time. Dr. Whatcott and her team of dental professionals are committed to ensuring that each patient receives the proper care and treatments they need to improve their oral health. With access to the latest laser technology, we can provide our patients with a wide variety of restorative and cosmetic treatments right in our office. Contact our team today to learn more about our laser treatments.